The city of Sort in collaboration with the Associació Esportiva Pallars, Catalan and Spanish federation and Rocroi want to make a come back on the international scene.
After many European and world experience freestyle competition from 2001 to 2004, The city of Sort would like to organise a great white water event on the famous Noguera Pallaresa river for it’s 50th anniversary of the kayak festival. The 146 kms of river offer us a multitude of kayak activity and white water experience for people who love nature.
We invite every paddler to come and battle on one of the best freestyle spots in Europe!
The organisers are delighted to see the amount snow on the mountains and ensure this is necessary, a dam realise has been organised to get a perfect water level.
The freestyle competition is being held in Sort on July 23-28, 2013 .
- The main part two days of qualification and final will take place by night in front of thousands of spectators.
- Some free clinics and training days with the Catalan/Spanish Team.
- Every day will be on SportScene video and streaming on live coverage.
- The competition will be referee by Terry Best with a new computer system NOC world in order to prepare and adapt as best as possible before the kayak freestyle world championships in the States.
- 7000€ of price money to share between male and female riders !
- 4 stars Noguera Pallaresa campsite
- Clinics and training with Spanish team
- T-shirt and dinner
Registration form[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
WEDNESDAY 24 TH
- 16 :00 – 19 :00 ATHELETE REGISTRATION (TOURISM OFFICE OF SORT)
- 06 :00 - 15 :00 OPEN TRAINING
- 06 :00 – 12 :00 ATHELETE REGISTRATION (JUDGES TENT)
- 15 :00 – 16 :00 PRELIMS K1 CADET/JUNIOR MEN
- 16 :00 – 16 :30 PRELIMS C1
- 16 :00 – 16 :30 PRELIMS K1 WOMEN
- 19 :00 TRAIMNING FOR CADETS
- 20:30 Recepció-Sopar popular davant del poliesportiu de Sort
- 10 :00 TEAM CAPTAINS MEETING (Hole area)
- 11 :00 PRELIMS K1 SENIOR/MASTER MEN
- 18 :00 SEMIFINAL 1 K1 MEN SENIOR
- 18 :30 SEMIFINAL 2 K1 MEN SENIOR
- 19 :00 CADET COMPETITION
SATURDAY 27 TH
MORNING SPANISH CHANPIONSHIPS FINALS
- 10 :00 TEAMCAPTAINS MEETING (Hole area)
- 11 :00 FINAL CADET MEN
- 11 :30 FINAL MASTER MEN
- 12 :00 FINAL C1
- 12 :30 FINAL K1 SENIOR/JUNIOR/MASTER WOMEN
- 13 :00 FINAL K1 SENIOR/JUNIOR MEN
- 13:15 MEDAL CEREMONIY
NIGHT OPEN FINAL
- 20 :00 TEAM CAPTAINS MEETING
- 21 :00 THE HERO OF THE RIVER
- 21 :30 FINAL K1 WOMEN
- 22 :00 FINAL K1 MEN
- 22 :45 MEDAL CEREMONY
- Cloenda amb espectacle de llum i so "La Força del Riu", a càrrec de MTX&Bulbul Performances
- 23:30 V River Music Festival, davant del Poliesportiu de Sort, amb The Majony’s & Woman (música del món feta al Pallars), Mari Trini i un sicari (monòleg salvatge unplugged), Mercado (versions de Leño i Rosendo) i DJ Costa
The Hero of the river!
Ok, so here's a competition to get everyone and anyone involved with the Sort Festival. All you got to do is turn up and be yourself, we want to see your spirt!
Yes that's it turn up have a go and be yourself and we will award a new boat (SUPER HERO from JACKSON KAYAK) as a prize to the person who shows the spirt of paddling here on the Noguerra Pallaresa.
What's that spirt then? Well it could be huge air move, or going on the wave for the first time or helping another paddler or perhaps just smiling. To be honest we don't know until we see it! Easy as that, turn up at the eddy line at the main competition hole at 20:45 on Saturday 27th July.
This year is the 50th anniversary of the Noguera Pallaresa River Kayak Festival, one of the oldest in Europe. The city of Sort council and ROCROI are very proud to host this event and to launch Sort right back onto the international competition scene with this fantastic action packed week - 23rd till 27th July.
The city of Sort provides free camping on the Noguera Pallaresa four star camp site for all riders who register for the freestyle competition.
Sportscene will be present at this event and broadcasting to a large world wide audience. The Semi-final and final will be broadcaste live with the profil pics and timer in order to following the athlete runs…
We are very pleased to have in the list of paddlers:
- James Bebbington (UK) Freestyle World Champion 2011 – K1 senior
- Dane Jackson (USA) Freestyle World Champion 2011 – K1 Junior. WW Grand Prix Winner
- Quim Fontane (ESP) Freestyle European Champion 2012-2010 (K1 Senior – K1 Junior)
- Mathieu Dumolin (FRA) Freestyle European Champion 2006 –2208 (K1 Senior)
- Nuria Fontané (ESP) Freestyle World Cup Winner 2012 & European champion – K1 Junior Women
- Oriol Colomé (ESP) Freestyle European Champion 2002 – K1 Junior
We are looking forward to seeing you and welcoming you in the city of Sort on the naturel channel for the great white water festival. The Sort Open Freestyle International registration is open and will close on july 20 th. The regular program has just been announced on the Program tab
The 7000€ money prize will be shared between Kayak Men and Women senior the following way :
- Senior Men: 1st 2500€ / 2nd 750€ / 3rd 250€
- Senior Woman: 1st 2500€ / 2nd 750€ / 3rd 250€
Concerning the rules, the organizers want to give a chance to the C1 senior and K1 Junior of winning the money prize during the final.
Therefore, the final will be played with 7 paddlers, the five best of the semi-final K1 senior and the best C1 senior and the best K1 junior of the semi-final.
We hope to see a great final and have lots of pleasure!!!
- Concerning the jugement, Terry Best and Members of the sapin/catalan federation will be dedicated to doing a fair and impartial judgement. They will be using the computer system of the coming worlds.
- So this event will be a great opportunity for all just before the Freestyle World Championships in Nantahala (USA).
Looking forward to seeing you soon,